When it comes to revamping living spaces, flooring plays a pivotal role in defining the ambiance and character of a room. One of the latest trends in interior design involves the use of stamped concrete to mimic the distressed wood look. Bullseye Concrete Coatings, a name synonymous with innovation and quality in the flooring industry, recently undertook a project that beautifully exemplifies this trend.
The Canvas: Stamped Concrete, Not Wood
Contrary to popular belief, not all striking wood-like floors are made of actual wood. The canvas for Bullseye Concrete Coatings' latest project was stamped concrete. Stamped concrete offers the advantage of durability while providing the freedom to achieve various aesthetic effects. In this particular case, the client desired a distressed wood appearance without compromising on the robustness of concrete.
The Vision: Distressed Wood Look on Stamped Concrete
The challenge was to transform the stamped concrete into an elegant and distressed wood floor, a task that required expertise and finesse. Bullseye Concrete Coatings, known for their innovative solutions, decided to employ a stamped concrete system. This involved intricate stamping techniques to replicate the wood grain pattern while maintaining the inherent strength of the concrete beneath.The Guardian: Aspartic 85 Slow Go (Low Odor) Top CoatTo safeguard the artistry and ensure longevity, Bullseye Concrete Coatings chose Aspartic 85 Slow Go as the top coat for this project. This cutting-edge product boasts an array of features that make it the perfect choice forenhancing and preserving stamped concrete floors
Key Features of Aspartic 85 Slow Go (Low Odor) Top Coat:
1. UV Stable Polyaspartic: The top coat is designed to resist the damaging effects of UV rays, ensuring that the distressed wood look remains vibrant and true over time.
2. Extended Working Time: With a generous working time of 60+ minutes, Aspartic 85 Slow Go allows for meticulous application, ensuring an even coat that enhances the visual appeal of the stamped concrete.
3. Excellent Chemical Resistance: The top coat provides a robust shield against chemicals, safeguarding the floor from potential stains and discoloration.
4. Hardness: Aspartic 85 Slow Go imparts a high level of hardness to the surface, enhancing the overall durability of the floor against daily wear and tear.
5. Abrasion Resistance: The product's abrasion resistance ensures that the distressed wood appearance remains intact even in high-traffic areas, making it an ideal choice for both residential and commercial spaces.
6. Self-Leveling: The self-leveling properties of the top coat contribute to a smooth and flawless finish, eliminating imperfections and irregularities on the surface.
Bullseye Concrete Coatings' strategic use of Aspartic 85 Slow Go as the final layer not only adds a protective shield but also enhances the aesthetic qualities of the stamped concrete, bringing the distressed wood look to life.
In conclusion, this project exemplifies the seamless integration of innovative flooring solutions with artistic vision. Bullseye Concrete Coatings' expertise in transforming stamped concrete into a distressed wood masterpiece, sealed with Aspartic 85 Slow Go (Low Odor) top coat, underscores their commitment to excellence in both form and function.
Try Aspartic 85 Slow Go (Low Odor) HERE